A local man and his family are homeless today after a fire razed his Tanglewood Drive home early Sunday morning.
Tyrone WoodFaulk said he and his family barely escaped injury early Sunday morning when a blaze that sparked from their burning vehicle spread to their home at 600 Tanglewood Drive.
Home at the time was, Woodfaulk, his girlfriend Bianca Henderson, and her two children, a two-year-old and an eight-year-old.
Ouachita Parish fire officials suspect arson as a cause of the fire.
Woodfaulk says he and a neighbor had an exchange of words earlier, but he doesn’t know if the two incidents are connected.
Fire Department officials suspect that the automobile fire may have been the result of arson.
Woodfaulk, Henderson, and the kids have been living in hotel rooms provided this week by the Red Cross and the New Tabernacle Baptist Church, but the family is seeking housing. They lost all of their possessions in the fire, including clothing, food, and furniture.
Persons wishing to assist the couple can cash app them thru the New Tabernacle Baptist Church at $newtabchurch and make the notation, for Tyrone Woodfaulk.
Henderson is the niece of Rev. Timothy Henderson, Pastor of the St. Paul Baptist Church, in Monroe.